Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Easy

...to lose track of time (and focus) when you're having fun. And we are having a ton of fun.

Vivian is getting to know Dadu bit by bit. Dadu hasn't played with a baby since me. Today, Vivian has a ball running back and forth between Mom and Dadu, shaking hands with each alternately. The way she shakes hands, I worry she's going to be a politician. Or run a restaurant called "Juan in a Million".

The house is a constant mess. Ana's visit helps for a few hours. But by the next day it's back to looking like the inside of a cow's stomach. In the best of times, I am enough reason to require professional cleaning help weekly if not sooner. I can tell Jo and I are getting a bit stressed - today we complain about being inundated by pee. Abe walks around spraying/peeing on anything that he can't smell his pee on. Vivian peed into her bath towel. Dadu's aim ain't what it used to be. Pow -it's peeville twenty-four/seven.

The best de-stresser in the world is Vivian dancing. She has taken it to a new level. She raises each arm by turn and brings it back to pat her belly. And all the time spinning till she gets dizzy and falls over. Then she rests for a second and starts over again.

We changed the music. Vivian loves the CD that Aunt Michelle and Uncle Alu got for her back in Feb. Vivian wants to play it all the time. Till Jo and I realize we are speaking with each other using the lyrics from the CD. Jo starts "It's a hot..." and I'd end "..hot day in July". And then we chorus "five green and speckled frogs / sat on a speckled log...". So we switched to Lilo and Stitch. And now Vivian grooves to Hawaiian tunes and Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love. What else? Can't focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment