It's time to break out of the family reunion for a bit. Michelle and I take Quinn, Devyn and Kai, and my dad to Omaha for a day trip to the zoo. I want to see it because I love the name - Henry Doorly.
The zoo was recently in the news because of the confirmed virgin birth of a bonnethead shark at the zoo's aquarium. It is now believed that female sharks may reproduce in this way when they have difficulty finding a mate. It's a ray of hope to women everywhere. Also, it makes me pause and think about other well-known virgin births.
The zoo is great. There's the Desert Dome and the Kingdom of the Night. And Bear Valley and the Aquarium of the Virgin Birth. And the orangutans and gorillas.
The kids have a great time. We drive back to Falls City in time for Kai's fifth birthday party.
I missed my little girl.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment