Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Time Flies

Some people have some inherent pattern and schedule to their lives. I am not not one of those. On any given day, I need to look at the cell phone to tell the day or date. And if I didn't need to get to soccer or squash, I probably wouldn't even do that. Which means, occasionally but not infrequently, I am taken aback by the date. Like - huh, it's July. Or wow, it's 2008 already.

Along the same vein, I usually need to compute Vivian's age quickly when someone asks me (which invariably starts with a quick peek at the phone for the aforementioned reason). Or I fall in a rut and say "15 months" and I am OK for six months as long as I can be off by a month or two or three in either direction.

The other day, it wasn't dates or times or numbers that caught me by surprise. Vivian was standing in the living room and gazing out of the window. She was wearing a very fashionable brown skirt and light blue blouse. And I thought she was all grown up. She could have been any age - like 4 or 5. I had to do some quick thinking to make sure that it wasn't 2012, and I hadn't missed the intervening years. She stood there for a moment longer, and as I was messing around with the camera, I got a shot. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment